Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) - 4G+
1. What is 4G+?
4G+ is another name for LTE-Advanced or 4.5G. It works through carrier aggregation, which allows 4G+ phones to receive data from multiple bands. So while standard 4G only uses one band at a time, 4G+ can combine two bands for increased speeds.
The 4G+ technology allows you to take advantage of faster and rich internet experience
• Data-intensive business applications
• Real-time video conferencing and collaboration
• Access rich content and multimedia applications e.g.: Movies, HD videos, e-learning, HD content and more
• Multiple downloads of heavy files, high definition multimedia content at the same time will be possible
• Seamless online streaming
• High definition online gaming
2. What frequency does 4G+ use?
Vodafone Fiji Limited 4G+Network uses 1800 MHz frequency.
3. Which areas is Vodafone 4G+ available in?
4G+ is available in most parts of the country, i.e. corridor between Lami and Nausori including Suva City and greater Suva area. 4G+ is also available in Sigatoka, Natadola, Nadi, Denarau, Namaka, Lautoka, Ba, Navua. We will update our website to keep our customers posted on the latest updates on 4G+ coverage in other areas.
4. What happens when I move outside of Vodafone 4G+ coverage area?
Your 4G+ devices are backward-compatible, so you’ll be able to switch between 4G and 3G networks when moving out and into 4G+ coverage areas. 4G+ is not available in phones which does not support 4G+.
5. Is 4G Plus used for Txt, Voice and Data?
4G Plus is a data-only service. When receiving and making voice calls, and SMS, you will be seamlessly switched to our 2G/ 3G Network layers and you can continue to use your phone normally for voice calls and SMS.
6. What’s the difference between 4G and 4G+?
4G+ is the evolution of existing 4G service and provides increased data throughputs for better user experience.
7. What are the typical speeds a 4G+ user can experience on Vodafone's Network?
4G+ users can experience downlink peak throughputs of up to 100 Mbps and uplink peak throughputs of up to 30 Mbps. However, typical download speeds will range from 5 to 30 Mbps, peaking up to 40 Mbps. On upload, a user can experience between 3 to 10 Mbps, peaking up to 15 Mbps. Having said that, speeds will vary depending on various factors such as user devices and its capability, number of active users on the network, and servers from which the content is being accessed.
8. How can I get Vodafone 4G+ services activated?
It’s very easy. You need a 4G+ capable device. You need to be in 4G+ coverage area.
9. Is 4G+ available to both Prepay &Post-pay users?
Yes, this is available on both Prepay and Postpay.
10. What are the Prepay 4G+ Broadband Plans available?
11. What Broadband device supports 4G+?
Huawei Mobile WiFi E5786
12. Is Data Bonanza Applicable to Broadband 4G+ plans?
13. Does Vodafone 4G+ cost extra?
No, there is no extra costs involved. 4G+ works on all Prepay data plans provided you have 4G+ device and you are in 4G+ coverage area.
14. Which devices support 4G+?
Samsung Note 5, Samsung S6 Edge Plus, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung Note 7, Iphone 6, Iphone 6 Plus, Iphone 6s, Iphone 6s Plus, iPAD Pro, Sony Xperia Z5, Huawei Mate 8