Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is M-PAiSA?
M-PAiSA is a Vodafone Money Transfer Service that enables you to send and receive money anywhere in Fiji using your Vodafone or Inkk mobile phone. You do not need a bank account to use this service.
M-PAiSA provides an instant, secure, affordable and convenient means to sending & receiving money to any mobile phone anywhere in Fiji and is available to every registered subscriber on the Vodafone network, whether on Prepay or Postpay or Inkk. Registration to access the M-PAiSA service is absolutely FREE!
2. How do I get started or how do I activate the M-PAiSA service?
To activate M-PAiSA service on your Vodafone or Inkk Mobile, you will first need to:-
- Go to any Vodafone Retail Centre or Authorized M-PAiSA Agent outlet with your mobile phone to register as an M-PAiSA customer
- Present an original and a photocopy of any one of the identification documents listed below: Passport, Driver’s License, FNPF card, Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Reference Letter, Military/Police card, Social Welfare card, Citizenship certificate, VKB
- The agent will take you through the registration process, which requires you to fill in a customer registration form. (Registration is FREE!)
- You can register and open your M-PAiSA account with a balance of FJD $0.00
Once a customer is registered for M-PAiSA, they can dial *181# to access the M-PAiSA menu on their mobile phone and follow the steps. M-PAiSA menu is also accessible through IVR (Interactive Voice Recognition) feature by dialing 181 and listening to the voice prompts. For the use of IVR, customers will be charged three (3) cents (VIP) per minute.
3. What can I do with the M-PAiSA service?
- Deposit money into your mobile phone Send money to any mobile phone user; registered or not registered for M-PAiSA
- Send money to any mobile phone user on another network
- Receive money from other M-PAiSA customers
- Withdraw cash at any authorized M-PAiSA agent
- Buy recharge or talktime for your own or another prepaid Vodafone or Inkk mobile number
- Check the balance on your M-PAiSA account
- Change your M-PAiSA secret PIN at anytime
- Check the last five transactions on your M-PAiSA account [mini statement]
4. Do I need to have a minimum amount in my account?
You can have a minimum of $ 0.00 and a maximum of up to $ 10,000 at anytime if you register with photo ID (passport, driving license or FNPF card) or a minimum of $0.00 and a
maximum of $2,000 if you register with other non-photo ID type allowed for registration.
5. Do I need to pay any service charges for having an M-PAiSA account?
M-PAiSA registration is free of charge; there are no account maintenance fees and there is no minimum balance requirement. You only pay for the transactions you carry out
[i.e. send money, withdraw cash, request M-PAiSA balance by txt & mini statement].
6. I already have a bank account. Can I access it using M-PAiSA?
No - your M-PAiSA account is separate from your bank account. There is no requirement to have a bank account to register for M-PAiSA
7. Can I use my recharge/airtime balance to top up my M-PAiSA account?
Your M-PAiSA account is completely separate from your Vodafone or Inkk prepay recharge account. Consequently, you cannot use your recharge to top up your M-PAiSA
account. However, you can use your balance in your M-PAiSA account to buy recharge for your own phone or another Vodafone or Inkk prepay number.
8. Does M-PAiSA work across networks?
M-PAiSA is available for Vodafone & Inkk customers only. However, you can send money to non-Vodafone & non-Inkk mobile numbers who will be able to receive & withdraw the cash but at a slightly higher fee.
9. What is the difference between a registered M-PAiSA customer and an unregistered customer?
A registered M-PAiSA customer can access the full M-PAiSA menu and is able to carry out all the services described above [especially deposit money, send money, buy recharge, check balance & mini-statement].
An unregistered customer can only go to an agent to withdraw the cash received, but cannot carry out any other M-PAiSA transaction.
11. Where can I buy M-PAiSA value?
From any Vodafone Retail Centre and M-PAiSA agent outlets Fiji wide
12. What do I do in case I send money to a wrong number?
Call M-PAiSA helpline -124 (for Vodafone prepay customers), 125 (for Vodafone postpay customers), or 123 (charged service); and for Inkk users, either 444 or 443 (charged service) to ask for assistance. Customers are given an option to view and confirm the transaction details before they press “send” to complete the transaction. Therefore, it is always in your interest to carefully review and confirm the details before you press ok because once executed the transaction may not be reversible.
13. Is it possible to recharge/top-up unregistered user’s mobile number?
You can buy recharge for any Vodafone or Inkk prepay number using your M-PAiSA account whether they are registered or not for M-PAiSA service. There are no charges for using your M-PAiSA account balance to buy recharge/talktime.
14. Can I recharge if I am a Postpay customer?
Vodafone post pay customers registered on M-PAiSA can buy recharge for other Vodafone or Inkk prepay number but not their own or other postpay number.
15. Will I get promotional deals like double up and triple up on my recharge purchased through M-PAiSA?
Yes, if the promotional offer is made available through M-PAiSA, you will be entitled to receive double up and triple up promotional deals through M-PAiSA. These will be made known to the public through the promotion communications.
16. Does my M-PAiSA balance double up or triple like my recharge balance?
No. Your M-PAiSA balance is separate from the recharge/talktime account and is therefore NOT subject to any promotions and will not double up or triple up.
17. What happens if I do not get an SMS from M-PAiSA confirming the transaction?
In case there is a delay in receiving SMS from M-PAiSA system to confirm any transaction you have carried out, contact Vodafone Customer Care ‘helpline’. However there may be other reasons that may lead to you not receiving the SMS:
Your SMS inbox may be full so you may have to delete some of the messages and create space for the new ones
If there is a problem with the SMS service then you may not receive the txt
If you are out of network coverage
A SMS message with a receipt number delivered to your mobile is a confirmation of a successful transaction. If you do not receive a confirmation SMS for an M-PAiSA transaction, the transaction will be reversed and account restored within 10 minutes.
18. Does my M-PAiSA Secret PIN number expire?
Your M-PAiSA Secret PIN number does not expire. However, you can change your Secret PIN at anytime you choose to do so; it is advisable that you change your Secret PIN from time to time and especially when you think someone else may already know your PIN.
19. What happens if I forget my secret PIN?
You will need to visit a Vodafone Retail Centre near you for a new activation code in order to reset the PIN. The Retail consultant will verify your account details with your registration details to ensure the information. After successful verification and proof of customer identity, you will be sent an activation code to use in re-setting your new secret PIN.
For security purposes, the customer will not be able to access the M-PAiSA menu before activating their account using the activation code sent to the customer’s mobile number.
20. What happens if I lose my SIM?
Call customer service helpline to have your account suspended. Proceed to get a SIM replacement through a Vodafone Retail Centre to retain your number and access your SIM & M-PAiSA account as normal. There is no risk of you losing your M-PAiSA account balance when you lose your SIM because access to the M-PAiSA account is PIN protected which is only known to the registered user.
21. Will my transactions be limited to the Agent outlet where I registered?
No. Once registered, you can visit any M-PAiSA Agent outlet anywhere in the country to carry out a transaction.
22. How safe is my money?
Once registered, your money is safe since every transaction requires identification in the form of a secret PIN. Even if you lose your phone, no one can take out the money from your M-PAiSA account without your secret PIN number.
23. What happens if the VODAFONE network is unavailable? Will the M-PAiSA service still work?
M-PAiSA service is dependent on the Vodafone network. Therefore if the network is unavailable or temporarily inaccessible for some reason, then the M-PAiSA service will also be affected.
24. How do I track the activity on my M-PAiSA account?
You can keep track of all your transactions directly from your phone. M-PAiSA allows you to check the last five (5) transactions through the mini-statement option under My Account menu. Beyond this, you can request for a full printout of your account from any Vodafone Retail Centre at a fee.
25. Where can I go for M-PAiSA service?
The M-PAiSA service shall be available from all Vodafone Retail Centres and authorized M-PAiSA agent outlets in all major towns, cities and localities Fiji wide. These may include service stations, supermarkets, banks, recharge dealers & other retail outlets near you. A full list of M-PAiSA agents is available on the Vodafone website.