Now for the 1st time, Fiji’s #1 Mobile Network introduces $0 Rental on Postpay. Go Postpay!
$0 Rental offers you great benefits like:
No Monthly Rental
No connection fee
No hidden charges
16 cents per minute On-Net call rates
6 cents per unit on Vodagroup
Missed call alerts
24/7 Free Customer Service Line (125)
Multimedia Messaging (Handset Dependent)
Local and International SMS
Information Hotline 123 (charged)
International & Roaming calls (optional)
How do I get connected?
Just walk into any Vodafone retail outlet or authorized dealer outlet
Present a copy of your valid photo ID and utility bill for verification of address
Sign the Network Services Agreement (subject to approval) and get connected.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
1. How does $0 Rental work?
There is no monthly rental, but minimum spend on $0 Rental Plan is $34.50
VIP per month. If user charges (voice, sms, downloads etc) are less than $34.50 VIP, subscriber will be billed $34.50 VIP per month, irrespective of lower user charges.
2. Who is this plan for?
Anyone. You can signup if you are a new customer, moving from another operator to Vodafone, Vodafone Prepay customer or existing Vodafone Postpay customer. This is the best value plan for you.
3. What are the call rates on $0 Rental Plan?
16 cents per minute VIP for On-Net calls
6 cents per unit VIP on Vodagroup calls
Calls to other networks (Off-Net) is charged at 41 cents per minute VIP
Local and International SMS is charged at 20 cents VIP per SMS
Local Multimedia Message is charged at 75 cents VIP per MMS
Local Video Message is charged at 99 cents VIP per VMS
Off-Net variable IDD rates apply for international calls.
Variable rates apply for Roaming calls
4. Can I take my Prepay number and sign up for $0 Rental Plan?
Yes, you can as long as it’s a Vodafone number and you get to maintain the same number.
5. Can I keep my same number if I am already on a Postpay plan?
Yes, you can as long as it’s a Vodafone number.
6. Can I transfer my credit (Prepay balance) to the $0 Rental Plan?
Yes, but you can only transfer normal money. Free money cannot be transferred to this plan or any other Postpay plan.
7. Do I have to sign a contract for $0 Rental Plan?
Yes, this plan is only available on 24 months contract.
8. Do I have to pay a deposit for $0 Rental Plan?
There is a minimum deposit of $200 required
9. Do I get a free handset?
If you aren’t already contracted by Vodafone for a free handset, you can get an entry level handset upon signing a contract for 24 months.
10. Is there a penalty for early termination?
Yes, there is a penalty of $161 VIP for early termination. In addition, the subscriber will be liable to pay Vodafone the prorated value of any handset or equipment given on contract and any other charges owing.
11. How is prorated value of the handset or equipment calculated?
Number of months remaining on contract divided by contract term multiplied by the value of the handset. (For example - if a customer signs for the $0 Rental
Plan and signs a contract for a free handset worth $100 and then terminates the contract after 6 months, then the calculation will be as follows: (24 – 6)/24 X $100 = $75. In addition to this the customer will also pay the termination penalty of $157.50 VIP.
12. Is there a predefined credit limit on $0 Rental Plan?
Yes, Vodafone may set a credit limit of $100, but Vodafone takes no responsibility for ensuring that the subscriber will not exceed usage over and beyond the set credit limit as this is monitored and updated every 24 hours. Subscriber shall be liable for any and all charges incurred by usage of the service exceeding the credit limit. Subscriber can call 125 (free call) anytime to check usage. Note that usage details are updated in the system every 4 hours.
13. How do I increase the credit limit?
A refundable security deposit may be required to increase the credit limit.
14. What happens when my contract expires?
Upon expiry of the contract term, you own the handset that was given on contract. You can then re-sign another contract and get a new entry level handset and continue enjoying the benefits of the $0 Rental Plan.
15. Can I make International and Roaming calls if I choose $0 Rental Plan?
Yes you can. However higher refundable security deposits may be required for International and Roaming access.
16. Do I automatically get this plan?
No, this is a new rate plan, therefore you have to sign a new Network Services Agreement to get connected.
17. Do I get any free minutes or bundles on this plan?
No, there are no free minutes or bundles on this plan.
18. How do I change from my current Mobilise or Mobilise60 Plan to $0 Rental Plan?
Simply walk into a Vodafone retail outlet or an authorised dealer outlet, present a copy of your ID and a utility bill for verification of address, sign the Network Services Agreement and Contract and get connected, OR contact your Vodafone Business Account Executive and they will take care of everything.
19. Can I take more than one plan under my account?
Yes you can, provided you go through the normal connection process of agreeing and signing the Network Service Agreement and other related forms.
20. Is there any penalty charged for switching plans?
No penalty is charged for switching plans as long as the number remains on Vodafone Postpay. If the number is disconnected or reverts to Vodafone Prepay, then termination penalty applies.
21. Can I create a Vodagroup on this plan?
Yes, to create a Vodagroup a minimum of 5 voice connections are required to be registered under the same Postpay billing account.
22. Is the $0 Rental Plan for voice only or does it also apply to BlackBerry?
The $0 Rental Plan is only for voice plan. This is a new voice plan and all benefits and conditions herein are specific to this plan only. It does not apply to any other voice plan, BlackBerry or Data plan.
23. What is On-Net and Off-Net?
On-Net means any calls made within the Vodafone network (Vodafone Postpay, Vodafone Prepay and Inkk Mobile)
24. How is a unit and minute defined?
1 unit = 30 seconds or part thereof
1 minute = 60 seconds or part thereof
• On-Net means calls made within the Vodafone network only (Vodafone Postpay, Vodafone Prepay, Inkk Mobile)
• Calls to other networks (Off-Net) is charged at 41 cents per minute VIP
• Local and International SMS is charged at 20 cents VIP per SMS
• Local and International Multimedia Message is charged at 75 cents VIP per MMS
• Premium SMS and Shortcode charging are variable
• To create a Vodagroup a minimum of 5 voice connections are required to be registered under the same Postpay billing account.
• Vodafone may set a credit limit for the provision of services and notify the subscriber. Notwithstanding, the fact that Vodafone may set a credit limit, Vodafone takes no responsibility for ensuring that the subscriber will not exceed usage over and beyond the set credit limit as this is monitored and updated every 24 hours. Subscriber shall be liable for any and all charges incurred by usage of the service exceeding the set credit limit.
• $0 Rental Plan is only available on 24 months contract and early termination penalty applies. The subscriber will be liable to pay Vodafone the prorated value of any handset given on contract and any other charges owing if contract is prematurely terminated. See Network Services Agreement and Network Services Contract for entire terms and conditions.
• Refundable security deposit may be required and higher deposits apply for international and roaming access
• 1 unit = 30 seconds or part thereof and 1 minute = 60 seconds or part thereof
• All rates are VIP unless otherwise specified
• Minimum spend on $0 Rental Plan is $34.50 VIP per month. If user charges are less than $34.50 VIP, subscriber will be billed $34.50 VIP per month, irrespective of lower user charges.
• $0 Rental does not apply to Blackberry or Data plans.
• Free Money can be used for On-Net calling and txting only.
• Normal Money can be used for Premium Txting, International calls & SMS and all local calls.
Click here to download the $0 Rental information brochure.